Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy 4th of July

We had an amazing 4th of July weekend! Evan and I left for Smith Lake on Saturday and didn't come home until Tuesday afternoon, it was a good break! My family along with the Mounce family and the Coleman family were all there. Evan and I both got a tad bit sun burnt...never fun. I always enjoy the week of the fourth though because it takes me back to where we came from- not sure if I think about it anymore than most, but i am truly thankful and always conscience of our soldiers- Especially after losing Blake. His death has been a constant reminder for me to always give thanks. I miss him dearly. Okay back to vacation... Usually the condo that we stay at is always great, this weekend it was rough....everything was broke, including the elevator!!! We stayed on the fourth floor and had to take the stairs all weekend. That wouldn't typically be that bad if you didn't have groceries and luggage to haul up and down all week....nightmare. Our blender, coffee pot, and microwave were also non functioning this weekend. This made life slightly difficult, but we had a blast with our friends and family. Definitely a fourth to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment